Questions To Ask Roofing Contractors
Ask your flat roofing contractor the following questions:
- How long have you owned your flat roofing business? (Most businesses fail in the first 7 years.)
- Can you provide WSIB Clearance Certificate? (Proves regular accountability to safe operations.)
- What is your HST number? (Remitting indicates size of operation/compliance to law.)
- Where is your head office? (A visual business presence shows stability of operations. Tail-gate roofing businesses may not be around for long!)
- Who is your insurance provider? (Commercial policies offer property/liability protection.)
- What is the roofing product guarantee? (The manufacturer should back its product)
- Are you a certified installer of the roofing product-line? (Manufacturers should know or have a relationship with installer.)
- Can I have credit /trade and/or customer references? (Vendors/Suppliers should be able to give credit references and previous customers can give you an idea how they have been treated. Nothing goes as planned, but how does the roofing contractor problem solve? How do they back up the contract?)
- Ask for a written and signed quotation. (This estimate should detail the scope of roofing work needed and detail costs and financial terms to avoid misunderstandings.)
- Will you back-up your workmanship in writing? (Get a written warrantee to help protect your project investment.)
3 Questions to ask yourself:
- How is the flat roofing business represented?
(Trucks and equipment should be properly identifiable with lettering/logos/trademarks. Business materials, proper letter-headed paperwork, professional websites, printed brochures and reference letters all are credibility indicators.)
- Do you feel comfortable with the roofing company representatives and how they treat you?
- Does the Roofing Contractor operate from a credible location?
Things to do:
- Don’t be pressured. Follow your gut feeling. If you have any misgivings or uncertainties about any flat roofing contractor in Ontario, it's probably for a good reason.
- Check into a contractor's history. Make sure they can back-up WHO they say they are and WHAT they say they have done!
Watertite Roofing has been installing industrial, commercial and institutional flat and low slope roofs throughout southern Ontario for over 4 decades! We have received multiple awards as certified contractors of Duro-Last PVC roof solutions.