You may have a flat, or low slope roof and perhaps this roof is tar and gravel, EPDM, Metal, PVC or TPO. Regardless, here are common causes of leaks in your building:
1. Membrane - end of lifespan, deterioration, poor installation.
2. Seams - splitting or improperly adhered.
3. Caulking - cracking or worn.
4. Fasteners - popped or missing.
5. Expansion Joints - separating due to building movement.
6. Termination Bars - loose.
7. Metal Flashings - missing or bent due to weather.
8. Exterior Wall - crumbling or old materials.
9. Paraphet Wall or Chimney - worn masonry.
10. HVAC or other Utilitiy protrusions - rusting or installed incorrectly.
11. Curbs - broken down.
12. Skylights - broken seal or damaged caulking.
13. Vents - missing or damaged.
14. Heat Stacks or Skuppers - improperly placed.
15. Drains - inadequate, or plugged, and non-functioning.
If you are in the Golden Horseshoe Area of Southern Ontario, get in touch with Watertite Roofing and ask for a roofing inspection to determine the causes of your roof leaks. Schedule a free quote here! We are Elite Certified Specialists in PVC Duro-Last Roofing Projects.